Last Updated on July 15, 2022 by Cristina
If you are wondering how exactly to use black walnut hull powder, it will interest you to know that there are numerous ways you can find it useful to health. The black walnut, which holds numerous health and nutritional benefits, is a fruit obtained from the plant which could serve many purposes. The nut could be eaten fresh, while it could also be processed into a powder where it could serve much industrial application.
Black Walnut Hull Powder Benefits
There are many ways to profit from the herbal prowess of the black walnut hull powder. The plant, which is native to North America, became popular when the natives used the leaf, hulls, and bark as part of their traditional medicine. It served numerous purposes to eliminate parasites from the intestine, as a mosquito repellant, and treat skin disorders.
It was used as a kidney tonic in ancient Chinese therapy and to expel toxins from the intestines. There were also claims that the Ancient American Indians had a religious attachment to the plant. But there is no literature to support it’s still the same today. However, you should know that wherever the black walnut tree grows, there is limestone in the ground. Some of the ways you can find the herb helpful include.
- It could help lower blood pressure and assist people suffering from hypertension to recover better.
- There are claims it can help reduce serum cholesterol levels, which could effectively treat high blood sugar levels.
- It is thought to have an astringent property, making it useful in drying sweat from the pores. This could hold importance in regulating body temperature.
- Women could also find it helpful in dealing with menorrhagia, which is associated with excessive blood loss during menstruation.
- It could also help with the treatment of diarrhea, and this is due to its tonic properties. You can immediately experience improved digestion and relief from flatulence and heartburn.
Read more about How Much Caffeine Does Matcha Green Tea Powder have?
How to Make Black Walnut Powder
Now you know the numerous ways the black walnut could help the body, you may be wondering how to make the black walnut hull powder in the home. You will likely need this recipe when you want to make a tincture for topical application. And this could be a homemade remedy to treat a skin condition or to help with the eradication of insects.
To first get started with the preparation, you will need to lay hands on fresh nuts, and this is where most people give up in their quest to DIY. While you have the option of sourcing for freshly processed powder, you can take it upon yourself to get it done indoors. So if you are up for it, you can find the simple recipe below of value.
- Fresh black walnut
- grater or grinding stone
- Crush the nut to expose the inner fruit and dry out for an hour. This is so any fluid in the outer covering would be eliminated before crushing.
- Grind the fruit using the grater or stone and ensure you get a smooth finish.
- You can then store the powder for when you want to use it.
How to Use Black Walnut Hull Powder?
You can decide to use the powder based on how it would best apply to your treatment. This means, if you are dealing with a skin condition, you will be interested in using it as a topical treatment, while you can also have it as a drink if you want relief from digestive problems. Most people add it to their tea, smoothie, beverage, or any other refreshment of their choice. Just see it as a healthy powder that could go well with your favorite drink. That’s if you can match the taste.
The high level of tannins in the powder makes it an ideal anti-fungal and anti-bacterial treatment. This makes it helpful in the treatment of skin wounds and helps prevent infections. You can also find it to work as a simple gargle to help eliminate bad breath and keep the mouth bacteria-free.
Black Walnut Side Effects
When taken orally, you’ll likely not suffer from any complications aside from the slightly bitter taste. But for skin treatments, you could experience a skin reaction such as rash. If you consume too much of the tannin, you could suffer from stomach upset. You should also be careful not to take too much during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
You can gain many ways from the black walnut, and you can find below tips on how to use black walnut hull powder and how to make it.