Last Updated on July 20, 2022
Are Essential Oils Safe On Granite? Floors and countertops made with granite are gorgeous to behold but they can be stubborn when it comes to cleaning. These counters would require a little extra care if you want them to look the best. Cleaning them with warm water and soap might do the trick. But if you want a good result a DIY granite cleaner can be made.
Many individuals enjoy whipping up their cleaning substance as they have a better understanding of their surfaces. A lot of attention should be given to your granite because it can easily be damaged. For starters, cleaners with acid must be avoided. Some ingredients with acid are lemon juice, vinegar, bleach, citric acid, and ammonia.
Take note of the acidic ingredients mentioned above because they can damage your granite counters and floors. At this point, you must be asking about the best cleaner for granites. Are essential oils safe on granite? What is the best DIY granite cleaner? Can I make a homemade granite cleaner? What is the best essential oil granite cleaner? These are questions that arise when talking about granite cleaners.
For a deeper cleaning and an excellent result, it is advised that you go for an all-purpose granite spray. Make sure that your homemade granite has some rubbing alcohol in it, this way you can be sure of getting rid of germs. This article will walk you through some important things about granite cleaners.
Are Essential Oils Safe On Granite?
It might not be easy to get the best cleaner for your granite but making your cleaner is your best bet. There are several ingredients needed for a granite cleaner but essential oils are quite essential. Do not make the mistake of getting just any essential oil for your DIY granite cleaner.
Using essential oil for your homemade granite cleaner is optional. However, we recommend basil, lavender, cinnamon, and citrus oils. These essential oils add fragrance and spice to your cleaner. Essential oils are very safe on your counters. They won’t hurt your granite or make it wear off.
The only way you get to harm your granite is by using fresh citrus fruits instead of oils. These oils do not contain citric acid so your counters are in safe care. Essential oils also help reduce the scent of alcohol and boost the natural gloss your granite should have.
Reasons Why You Need A Homemade Granite Cleaner
- Very Natural – One good thing about homemade granite cleaners is the natural scent it gives. A DIY granite cleaner comes with natural ingredients like water and oils which are very natural. These natural ingredients help maintain the look of your countertops.
- Easy to Make – Granite cleaners are one of the very easy DIY products to make. This is thanks to the very few ingredients needed. A homemade granite cleaner requires just 4 ingredients. You can make a bottle of granite cleaner in less than 3 minutes.
- It is Cheap – Homemade granite cleaners are also cheap. Since the recipe is brief, you won’t find yourself in a budget loop.
- Powerful, Fresh, and Clean – These DIY granite cleaners are also very powerful when it comes to disinfecting surfaces. With the rubbing alcohol and dish soap, you can refer to them as powerful granite cleaners. Granite cleaners are also fresh and clean. They come with the best scents which makes your space very comfortable.
- Non-abrasive – Everyone likes cleaners with non-abrasive features. The best part of these non-abrasive is that they would prevent your counters and granites from scratching. Along with the non-abrasive features, granite cleaners give your surfaces a shining and sparkling look.
- Safe – With the use of essential oils instead of fresh citrus, these granite cleaners are non-acidic and very safe. You can use them on stones like granite, limestone, slate, quartz, and marble.
Cliganic USDA Organic Aromatherapy Essential Oils Holiday Gift Set (Top 8), 100% Pure Natural
Tips On How To Make A DIY Granite Cleaner
Before moving towards making your granite cleaner, pay attention to the outlined steps and procedures.
First off, let’s make some pointers on the ingredients for making an essential oil granite cleaner. The first ingredient for making a granite cleaner is filtered water. This helps in extending the shelf life of the granite cleaner. The next ingredient is rubbing alcohol. Alcohol is a natural disinfectant that tackles germs and other unwanted organisms on your counter.
Dish soap or castile soap is another very crucial ingredient. Your homemade granite cleaner is incomplete without soap. Essential oils are the next things to get. This is an optional ingredient but it is very important. A 16-ounce spray bottle is the final thing on the list. It is used to spray the granite cleaner over the counter before wiping it with a microfiber cloth or mop.
After getting your ingredients and recipe right, find a good spot and mix all ingredients in the spray bottle. For the essential oils, you can add as many as 20 drops into the mix. As said earlier, these essential oils are very safe on your granite. Shake the bottle a few times to mix up all content properly.
Conclusion – Are Essential Oils Safe On Granite
Now you know about granite cleaners and essential oils. Before using your homemade granite cleaner on your countertops, spray it on a soft sponge or a microfiber cloth as said above. Clean your surface in circular motions. Make sure you clean until the cleaner is dry from the surface. Repeat this process until achieving a shiny result.
We have come to the end of our article. Did you find this helpful? Will you apply the instructions when making your granite cleaner? We hope that this piece helps you in your decision-making. Please feel free to drop your comments and share the article with your friends.
Barbara is an environmental activist and sustainability advocate who loves living green and sustainable. She firmly believes in reducing her carbon footprint and has been making great strides towards achieving this goal. Barbara is a vegan and avid recycler and has been actively involved in community gardens and other green initiatives. She is passionate about spreading awareness about the importance of living in a sustainable and eco–friendly manner. Barbara is always looking for ways to make a difference in her community and beyond. She is a huge advocate for preserving nature and the planet for future generations.