How effective is a DIY vitamin C serum with hyaluronic acid? This and many more you will learn during the entirety of this read.
If you go through your beauty products carefully, you will find out two ingredients are often combined. You will see that vitamin C, also called ascorbic acid, is often paired with hyaluronic acid. This isn’t a coincidence. It is because both ingredients seem to work hand in hand to promote skin health.
Hyaluronic acid is very effective at moisturizing the skin. At the same time, vitamin C protects the skin from sun damages. It also helps to combat skin discoloration. Both ingredients are helpful to combat premature aging and are most sought-after by older adults.
Research has taught us that vitamin C is a natural antioxidant that is present in the skin. It fights against damages that UV lights generate. It also helps to protect the human body from sun damages. Experts claim that vitamin C might just be the best antioxidant that is accessible for topical use. It is cheap, it accessible, and it is very convenient.
Vitamin C serum might help the skin in the following ways:
- Acts as a protection to the skin from damaging UV rays
- Act as protection from exudative stress, hence combating premature aging
- Stimulates collagen synthesis
- Exfoliates the skin
- Lowers skin pigmentation
- Possess inflammatory properties that help treat conditions like acne and rosacea
- Clears dark spot
Did you know that hyaluronic acid is naturally found in bones, hair follicles, cartilage, and tissues.? It is a molecule that is naturally formed by the body. It helps the skin to retain the necessary moisture to promote healthy skin.
Hyaluronic acid is an excellent moisturizer. This is because it can hold a thousand times its weight in water. It is great at locking in moisture and stimulating texture. You will also find it similar to a sponge as it combines with water and drags it into the outer skin. Experts have suggested that this ingredient is beneficial in the following ways:
- acts as a very effective moisturizer
- reduces the appearances of wrinkles
- promotes firmness and elasticity
- repairs and develops a healthy skin
Adults mostly use this product because it helps with aging skin. As we get older, our body begins to lose water. This makes it hard to retain moisture. This ingredient is beneficial in storing hydration. This, in turn, provides softer, plumper, and healthier-looking skin.
Combining both vitamin C and hyaluronic acid will get you an excellent beauty product. But did you know that you can make a DIY vitamin serum combined with hyaluronic acid?
To make a DIY solution, you need the following items:
- 11/2 tablespoon of distilled water
- 1/2 tablespoon of vitamin C. Ensure that it is pharmaceutical grade
- 1/2 tablespoon liquid form of hyaluronic acid
- Eyedropper bottles
How To Make The Solution
- Put water in a small container or shot glass.
- Put your vitamin C into the water to dissolve. Well, I prefer the powdered form of ascorbic acid. This is because it is much quicker to dissolve.
- Pour your solution into the eyedropper container. Wait for about 3-5 minutes for the solution to dissolve properly.
- When the solution has dissolved, add your hyaluronic acid. Mix both solutions properly.
There you have it, a homemade beauty solution. Keep in mind that this solution would not be effective after a month of preparation. After a month, oxidation begins to occur, and the solution becomes yellow. So, make sure to discard use after a month of practice.
Why Does DIY Vitamin C Serum With Hyaluronic Acid Work Well Together?
If you are looking for excellent ingredients for skincare products, look no further than ascorbic and hyaluronic acid. Combining both ingredients make for a great beauty regimen.
Both ingredients are commonly used because they complement each other’s functions. One hydrates and moisturizes; the additional repairs and protects. There is another reason why both ingredients are often combined.
Research tells us that too much vitamin C can cause irritation and dryness. It can even cause breakouts. It is why hyaluronic acid is introduced to help create a moisture barrier and provide repairs and regeneration.
As the skin ages, it begins to lose its elasticity and firmness. It becomes to look dry and less moisturized. Vitamin C helps the body to fight against oxidative damages. It is mostly applied to beauty products because of the qualities it possesses. Hyaluronic acid, on the other hand, ensures moisturization. It provides glow and improves premature aging.