Last Updated on June 20, 2022 by Ecorf
As a sickly person, I usually go for herbal rather than synthetic. Essential oils are one of my go-to-medicines when I suffer from minor symptoms of cold/flu, fatigue, indigestion, etc. I use essential oils through aromatherapy or I take it orally for the purpose of improving my physical health particularly. To give you an overview, essential oils are basically organic compounds taken out from plants that turn out to be useful for healing purposes. But, you may ask, “Are essential oils safe for internal use? Which brand can you use?
Safety in Using Essential Oils
To make sure of your safety in using essential oils, it is important to take note of the following:
- First, check the quality of the product. Look for products that contain pure oil without containing any other mixtures. Oils that are impure may cause some allergic reactions to your body though not all mixtures are bad. For example, some expensive oils are purposely mixed with vegetable oil to make it more affordable.
- Dilute your oils with other safe solutions to avoid having a reaction. Pure oils are very concentrated and may be too strong for your system.
- Be cautious when using essential oils for your children or your pregnant wife.
- In aromatherapy, use essential oils intermittently and not more than 15 minutes in an hour.
- When taken orally, make sure the products you take are scientifically tested and approved.
Safe Essential Oils to Use
Amazon has a wide variety of Essential oils for sale online from different famous company brands. So, let me introduce you to some of these safe essential oils along with their health benefits:
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Gives you that feeling of clear breathing
- Surprisingly cleanses the air you breathe
- Offers you that relaxing feeling
Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Boosts your immune system (taken orally)
- Purifies the air you breathe
Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Aids in having a healthy digestive system (taken as a capsule)
- Simply takes away your stress
- Offers you antibacterial properties
- Reduces airborne fungi in your home
Pure Lavender Essential Oil
- The smell of lavender can lower down your blood pressure and your heart rate
- Enhances relaxation and frees you from anxiety
- Relieves nervous tension and pain
- Improves your blood circulation
- Treats minor respiratory problems
Thieves Essential Oil
- Boosts your immune system
- Promotes a healthy respiratory system
- Helps you fight bacteria inside your body
Lemon Essential Oil
- Provides you with detoxifying properties
- Helps you fight fatigue and difficulty in sleeping
- Stimulates your immune system
- Aids you in losing weight
Geranium Egyptian Essential Oil
- Boosts your mood
- Helps you ease your tension and carry your worries away
- Safe to use for your children
Cypress Essential Oil
- Gives you that calm feeling
- Good for relaxation
Vanilla Oleoresin Essential Oil
- Eases tension and carries your anxieties away
- Help you to fall asleep
- Safe to use for your children
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Promotes a healthy digestive system
- Treats common colds
- Relieves you of headache and stress
Essential oils such as Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lavender, and Cypress are safe to use without dilution, while the other essential oils mentioned above might need to be diluted to avoid getting poisoned. Furthermore, essential oils shouldn’t be taken orally without the advice of a health professional.
Safe Brands of Essential Oils
Here are some of the most popular and reliable brands of Essential oils in 2019 that you might want to consider using or taking:
- doTERRA is one of the best companies that produce high-quality essential oils, they source out their ingredients from different countries of the world and yield them to a distillation process that keeps their products’ effectiveness. Though doTERRA is a networking company, some of their products are still acquirable online through third-party sellers.
- Young Living is one of the most famous brands in the United States since 1993 and is currently successfully expanding worldwide.
- Plant Therapy is a direct selling company that requires no membership. Their oils have been tested for their quality by outside parties. Plus, they sell a wide variety of Essential oils.
- Aura Cacia is a company built up by a corporation. Their oils are known to be free from other mixtures.
- Edens Garden is a decade old company that has a goal of providing affordable but good quality essential oils to the community. In addition to that, they make sure each batch they supply is fresh by rotating their products every two weeks.
- NOW Foods essential oils are famous because their products are tested within their company and by other outside parties. Moreover, some of their essential oils are organic and USA-certified.
- Art Naturals is originally a cosmetics company that now shifted to developing essential oils that are environmentally friendly, low-cost, and beneficial for the body. They source out their oils from different countries and ensure the quality of their products.
- Rocky Mountain Oils is a company that sells 100% purified essential oils and desires to provide the community with the best quality oils. They are most proud of the quality of their products, allowing third parties to test the purity of each.
Watch this video to know more about which brands of Essential oils are safe to use.
Not all essential oils are safe to use, but knowing its proper use and having in-depth knowledge about these products (of course with the help of professionals), you can surely get benefits for your health from these miracle-working essential oils.
With the information I’ve shown you, I bet I have answered your questions concerning which brands of Essential oils are safe to use. If you have more questions, just write your comment on the comment section below.
Remember to read the safety guidelines I have provided for you when using essential oils. Each oil has different properties and might be toxic for your system when used in high amounts. Moreover, know more about the background of the brand of Essential oils you are using to ensure your safety in using these products.