Last Updated on July 5, 2022 by Cristina
Bentonite is a natural type of clay with a delicate soft texture. When mixed in water, it creates a paste. And this paste can be used for several purposes. Some people use it for medical purposes including using bentonite clay on feet for better skin. While some use the paste for cosmetic reasons such as rashes and acne, hair mask, and foot mask.
Bentonite clay is widely used across the world. And for this reason, it can be found in many beauty products. To cut out the fluff, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of this piece. This piece is created to teach readers how to use bentonite clay on feet for a mask. But before going into that, let’s discuss some health benefits of this natural clay.
Eradicate The Body’s Toxins
Most people use bentonite clay for the sole purpose of ridding toxins from the body. It is considered the primary reason why individuals purchase this product. Research tells us that individuals that consume this organic product have few amounts of toxins in their bodies. However, more research needs to be done to confirm its safety and effectiveness.
Treat Oily Skin And Acne
The absorbent power of bentonite clay helps treat skin breakouts. Connoisseurs have found out that it helps remedy skin conditions like acne, rash, and oily skin. Using bentonite clay on feet as a mask will help to rid our skin impurities. It will achieve smoothness on the skin surface.
Lots of commercial face mask products have clay in them. This is because it unifies the skin. It also ensures that the occurrence of breakouts is limited.
Treat Poison Ivy
There are lots of people allergic to urushiol. Urushiol is the oil that the ivy plant forms. When people with these allergies come in contact with poison ivy, they react to it. The reactions can manifest in the form of:
- Skin redness
- Severe itching
Research tells us that bentonite clay helps to remedy poison ivy rash. It also helps to Hasten the healing process of poison ivy allergic reactions.
Experts tell us that it can regulate a person’s digestive tract because this natural product can stick to toxins. Research has suggested that the natural product can help people with irritable bowel syndrome deal with constipation. The research on this is still in its infamy. So, there is a need for more conclusive evidence.
Promotes Weight Loss
Bentonite clay is often used by some people as a supplement to aid weight loss. This natural product can help reduce weight. However, there are better ways to achieve weight loss such as Limiting your calorie intake. Physical exercises can do the trick as well.
Nonetheless, traditional healers still maintain that montmorillonite clay can help to achieve weight loss. So, they recommend it to those who are willing to try it out.
How Do I Use Bentonite Clay On Feet For A Mask?
As already noted, this natural product can be used for several purposes. And one such purpose is as a foot mask. This is so as the feet are pampered and looking healthy. Nonetheless, you have to know what supplies you need to do a foot mask.
Supplies You Need:
- About three tablespoons of Organic calcium bentonite clay
- Three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 5 drops of lavender oils
- A mixing bowl and a mixing spoon. Note that the bowls shouldn’t be metallic. This is because metallic bowls can rid out the essential properties of the clay.
- Soft bristle brush
Direction For Use:
- Mix the tablespoons of bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar. Do not be alarmed when the mixture begins to fizz and bubble. This is perfectly normal.
- After the mix is done, add about five drops of lavender oil. Mix the concentration consistently and adequately until it’s wet.
- Apply half the mixture at your foot’s bottom and a minimal amount at the top. After the first foot is done, repeat on the second foot.
- After applying the mixture at both feet, let it dry. Do this for about 20 to 30 minutes. You can decide to place each foot in s plastic bag to enable you to move around. Busy moms will want to consider this.
- When the time elapses, you wash your foot in lukewarm water. For an effective rinse, use a soft bristle brush.
Bentonite clay shows promise when used to pamper the skin. Lots of people use it as a foot mask to heal the foot and detox the skin. The regimen explained above will help you feel better on the outside as well as inside. Make sure to use.